Enrich is proud to launch a new debt-management programme for migrant domestic workers empowering them to escape debt and achieve greater financial security - we're looking for volunteers to support this exciting new initiative, which will be the first of it's kind in Hong Kong. Read on to find out more!
Introducing 'Debt-Free Helper'
Enrich is proud to launch 'Debt-Free Helper' - a new debt-management programme for migrant domestic workers empowering them to escape debt and achieve greater financial security. Run in 8-week cycles, this programme will combine group workshops run by Enrich and one-to-one support delivered by Financial Counsellor Volunteers, providing support which is tailored to domestic workers’ needs during this challenging time. This programme has been generously sponsored by Operation Santa Claus.
We are now looking for Financial Counsellor Volunteers to provide essential individual and personalised advice to domestic worker trainees on this programme and we would love to invite you to apply.
What are ‘Financial Counsellor Volunteers’
Financial Counsellor Volunteers will provide their trainees with 2 one-to-one sessions (virtual or in-person) to support them in their debt management journey.
Volunteers do not have to be accredited financial counsellors and Enrich will deliver training and ongoing support. Training will include an understanding of money lending practices in Hong Kong and insight into the challenges your trainees might be facing.
Financial Counsellor Volunteers will:
- Help their trainees to put into practice the knowledge gained in the Debt-Free Helper workshops
- Work with trainees to understand spending habits and implement plans to reduce debt
- Assist trainees with calculations and with reworking their financial obligations
- Listen, empathise, encourage and motivate their trainees to become debt-free!
- 5-10 years of working experience
- A strong understanding of personal finance, such as money management, savings and debt reduction
- High interest to use your skills to empower migrant domestic workers to overcome debt
Time Commitment: 8-10 hours
Application process and key dates:
- July 9 - 30, 2021: Application period
- (The week of) August 16, 2021: Communication of application results
- September 5, 2021: Mandatory introductory training session (2 hours)
- September 12, 2021: One-to-one financial counselling session (2-3 hours)
- October 3, 2021: One-to-one financial counselling session (2-3 hours)
Applications are now closed
Thank you for your interest in volunteering on this programme. Please note that applications closed on July 30, 2021. To hear about our future volunteering opportunities, please fill out our volunteer form.
For any further enquiries, or to find out how your company can participate in this programme, please email us at [email protected].