Our team is working a hybrid mix of remotely and in-person. Please contact us at [email protected] For urgent matters call/Whatsapp +852 5981 3754 (English/Tagalog) OR +852 5648 0990 (Bahasa Indonesia).
As the Covid-19 situation continues to improve in Hong Kong, we’re pleased to be able to offer in-person workshops again, as well as to continue to offer online sessions for those who prefer them.
In order to ensure a safe learning environment for all, we expect all participants at our in-person sessions to follow the rules below.
- You will be asked to have your temperature taken, hands sanitised and wear a mask before entering.
- Masks must be worn by participants and trainers for the entire duration of the workshop.
- We will no longer allow food to be consumed during the sessions. Participants will be given adequate breaks in between.
- You will be sent a Health Declaration and will need to complete this the day of your session and show this on entry.
- We are sorry that you will not be able to attend in-person if any of the below applies. Please contact us if this affects you so that we can arrange for you to be booked into an alternative session.
- You or a member of your household under Mandatory Home Quarantine.
- You are subject to a Compulsory Testing Notice but have not yet received a negative test result.
- You have tested positive for Covid in the last 14 days (from first test).
- You are currently experiencing fever (above 37.5ºC) or symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, aches and pains, diarrhoea etc.)
- You have experienced such symptoms (see above) in the last 7 days.
- You have experienced such symptoms in the last 7-14 days, and have not since tested negative in the last week.
- You had close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
- You had close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 7-14 days ago and have not since tested negative in the last week.
- If a participant tests positive for Covid-19, please contact Enrich, provide your full name and last face-to-face workshop you have attended. Whatsapp or call us at +852 5981 3754 (English/Tagalog) or +852 5648 0990 (Bahasa Indonesia). We will do our best to ensure transparency with all participants involved and to sanitise our venues immediately.
Guidelines are subject to change based on social distancing regulations. Venues for workshops might also change if needed. For updates, check our website or contact us on Whatsapp for any clarification: +852 5981 3754 (English/Tagalog) or +852 5648 0990 (Bahasa Indonesia)
To support those who are unable or prefer not to attend our sessions in-person, we will continue to run some online workshops as well! Participants can download the Zoom app (App Store / Google Play) and refer to our handy user guide for Zoom too (English / Bahasa Indonesia).
Other helpful information
Financial counselling for domestic workers with urgent financial crisis
If you are a domestic worker who has an urgent financial crisis at this time, Enrich can provide FREE individual financial counselling in English, Tagalog and Bahasa Indonesia. Appointments can be held over the phone or in person, at a time that is convenient to you. Request an appointment online or call/Whatsapp these numbers: +852 5981 3754 (English/Tagalog) or +852 5648 0990 (Bahasa Indonesia).
Information on the Covid-19 vaccine
Migrant domestic workers in Hong Kong are eligible for the Covid-19 vaccine. To book an appointment, please visit: www.covidvaccine.gov.hk. Also check out our Ask the Experts with Dr. Donald Greig on ‘What to know about the Covid-19 vaccine’ (English only) so that you can make an informed decision. Please note that even if you are vaccinated, we expect all participants to follow the guidelines listed above.
How to protect yourself from Covid-19
Refer to the Hong Kong government’s protection guidelines (available in Tagalog, Bahasa Indonesia and other languages).
Last updated January 2023