During the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working remotely. Please contact us at [email protected] For urgent matters call/Whatsapp +852 5981 3754 (English/Tagalog) OR +852 5648 0990 (Bahasa Indonesia).

How can I stop receiving loan company letters addressed to our former helper?

Send proof to the loan company that the domestic worker no longer works at that address. The “proof” they need to see is a letter of termination or the notice from immigration saying that they have received notification of the termination. 

You should also make sure that you record having sent that notification to the loan company, so it is recommended to either send it via email or have the letter delivered via registered post.

If you are considering terminating your current helper because you are being contacted or harassed by collecting agents or loan sharks, know that termination doesn’t have to be the first option - and it would not necessarily stop the loan company contacting you. Consider registering your helper for a confidential one-to-one financial counselling session with us to evaluate her finances and identify a way forward.